Friday, May 3, 2013

Out of the Mouths of Babes

First, let me mention that our boys (especially Ben) love to wear capes. Everywhere. All day. Sometimes they even wear them when we go grocery shopping. To demonstrate how serious they are about them: today as we were in the car & half way to town to watch a parade (yes, horses, marching bands, fire trucks, floats, & the like) Cedric realized that we'd accidentally left his cape at home & he insisted we go back & get it even if it meant completely missing the parade. Mind you, these are simply just blankets that they tie around thier necks. Well, yeterday evening I had asked Ben to get undressed so we could put on jammies & get ready for bed. Since Ben still wears a diaper at night I had gone upstairs to gather all the bedtime hoopla when suddenly I hear a little patter of footsteps running up & down the hallway gleefully yelling,

"Naked superhero to the rescue!"

It made me smile. So stinking cute! There is just something about being naked to a kid. I think all my kids would run stark naked all day if I let them. 

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Thanks for sharing these precious moments. Love you - Mom Parker

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me laughing hard!!!! I can so see this happening. Thanks for letting us share. Love, Mom S

    ReplyDelete