Friday, January 4, 2013

It's Official...


I'm spoiled! For a couple years now I've been wanting a carpet cleaner but haven't seriously considered it because of the cost and lack of the absolute necessity for it. However, this year, after having a child go through potty training most of year and the trails that leaves behind along with recently having a sick family I've REALLY been wanting one & mentioned it to Brian a couple times. Then on Wednesday as I walked into Costco to get the usual groceries I noticed a nice carpet cleaner (exactly what I'd been dreaming about) on sale. I immediately called Brian excited & hopeful & he was kind & told me he'd have to think about the purchase of it for a bit. However, after walking around the store a while I'd resolved that it just wasn't going to happen because of particular financial costs that are coming up this month & told Brian not to waste time thinking about it. Maybe down the road a little ways when things were a little more comfortable we could entertain the idea again. 

To make a long story a little shorter, the kids & I were downstairs later that evening when Papa arrived home from work.  When I went upstairs to start dinner I saw a big box sitting on the dining room table... It was the carpet cleaner! My sweet husband ran to Costco after work & used some extra money we had been given back from Costco for our membership fees to purchase it. I was/am extremely surprised & grateful! I wasn't lying in the last post when I said that my husband takes great care of me!

So yesterday I put it to work & cleaned the boy's room, Evie's room, the upstairs living room & 3 dining room chairs that I thought were history. It works beautifully! I am still in shock that our dining room chairs look nearly new & can't help but look at them every time I walk passed the table. I'm so thankful for miracles & my sweet husband.

I've named it Bessie in honor of Ben & his favorite movie. (Bessie is a road paver in Cars1). Here she is & an example of the beautiful work she does:





Before
(& this wasn't the worst of the 3 chairs!)

After
(This is how they all look!)


2 comments:

  1. You are so sweet honey. Thanks for sharing such a lovely heartwarming story & for being the beautiful person/daughter you are. I love how Brian loves you... he is a very smart man! :D Love you all xo - Mom Parker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the updates! You and your raw dough fetish... I'm surprised you didn't get her started on it too :)! I'm so glad you were all able to get away and relax.

    ReplyDelete