Monday, July 11, 2011

Taking the Kids Home

This last weekend the kids and I went with Dad and Mindy back to Absarokee and Columbus where I spent much of my childhood and where both of them were born and raised. It's the first time I've been back in a really long time and it was fun having the kids with us. Brian had to stay home for work and kept busy completing a surprise for the kids (will show pictures later).

Although the main reason for our trip was to attend a funeral for my Grandpa, Eward Roy Heifrin, it was still enjoyable catching up with family I hadn't seen in way too long. The day after the funeral Dad took the kids and I to the family farm to pick up a tractor. Ben got to drive the tractor and both boys were all eyes watching the cattle and horses that came up close to inspect what we were doing. Afterwards we went to the "Dew Drop In" (an old restaurant I went to a lot as a kid) and ate lunch and had ice cream. It was a fun walk down memory lane!


We went to the Pickle Barrel for dinner one night and discovered that Cedric loves pickles. We couldn't hardly make him eat anything else on his plate!




Have you ever seen anything cuter in a store window?


Driving the tractor with Grandpa.

And by himself, too!



Ricky's turn!


1 comment:

  1. How fun! :o) Thanks for posting more pics! Can't wait to see you all this weekend!

    ReplyDelete