Monday, December 7, 2009

Battered Boy

The other day while Catherine and I were talking in the kitchen, Ben slipped and took a tumble onto the kitchen floor (no, I did not drop him - this was a self inflicted wound). He was crying and at first I didn't think much of it, I just thought he'd bumped his head on the floor - no big deal. However, as I went to give him a little comfort hug I realized there was blood... lots of blood! So I snatched him up quickly and noticed that his lip was already swelling and that the blood just didn't want to stop flowing. So, this being the first real injury Ben's had I was a little panicked trying to comfort him, trying get a cold wash rag into his mouth, and trying to make sure he hadn't bitten through his lip or lost a tooth, etc. Thankfully, Catherine was there and reassured me that Maggie had done this very same thing more than once already (she's a real go-getter) and that even though it bleeds a lot it's nothing real serious. (Yes, it's official... I'm a first time paranoid mother!) After a while, we got the blood to stop, Brian got Ben to quit crying, I was covered in blood, and the injured boy was ready for bed. Here are a couple not so great shots of his nice, big, first, fat lip! 



No comments:

Post a Comment