Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Getting a Good Start

We've gotten an early start on home projects this year and Brian has already completed a big one in our back yard. I mentioned it briefly in the last post as a patio though I'm not sure that's exactly the right name for it. I am so excited about it because it REALLY cleans up our yard and basement walkout area, it's much safer for the kids, and it has a built in fire pit! Brian worked extremely hard on it for two weeks straight and he did an amazing job! I'm kicking myself for not having taken a picture of what it looked like before, especially the stairs going down to the basement. They look 10 times better now! The first night we used it was on Evie's birthday though I don't think she particularly enjoyed it much as she wasn't feeling very well, but she'll have all summer to enjoy it and we're all looking forward to getting a lot of use out of it. Thank you, Brian, for blessing our home and family in this way!


Not the best before pic. but you can kind of get an idea of what it was like before.







In addition to the fire pit, my sweet husband bought me a new bed spread this weekend. Mostly prompted by having a thick comforter that can only be dry cleaned and having a certain sweet child of our get sick on it, but Brian suggested it all on his own and I did not hesitate to comply. Now we have a set for summer and a set for winter... I am so incredibly spoiled & I love our new bed!


2 comments:

  1. It all looks so lovely and inviting. You will get a lot of use of the patio and firepit!! Mom S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that's beautiful! Can't wait to see it in person. Nice work Brian! xo love, your other Mom again :)

    ReplyDelete